Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tectonic shift in awareness

I recollect that my first official meeting as a Youth Convenor was preceeded by an earthquake in Turkey. And, as a naive member, just getting to learn the ropes of insouciance, I presumed that the meeting would include some kind of discussion on disaster relief. Of course, it dealt with more relevant topics like the sequence of bhajans. That was the first of many reality checks.

My last days in the Youth Wing have also been preceded by an earthquake in which a mere 200,000 people died. But by now, I have realized that I should do what I can do. Not what someone else ought to.

When we realize that we are all marionettes at the hands of the great wire-puller of the Universe, everything falls in place. It also always helps to recollect that the Avatar has categorically mentioned that the organization is our family. Do we abandon our family? No. Similarly. Although I am an outstanding social disaster in many ways, my parents have not abandoned me (till date). In spite of It all, we have to remain one,- at least for Him.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, it dealt with more relevant topics like the sequence of bhajans....

    This is a no brainer

    "Hands that do Bhajans are more holier than lips that merely talk on an earthquake!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are a bhajan fan, if not one of them... which makes me wonder, if it's not..! :-)

    Anyways, point taken. Honest to God, I have no personal issue with Bhajans. In fact, I am always fighting my natural gut attachment to bhajans, because I am supposed to grow out of them.

    My real issue is that of Bhajan taking precedence over everything else. They should not. Service should. Bhajan could be path, but should not be the end. I also personally believe that the bhajan group (including you, maybe!) should take the lead and set a precedent, that,- this is just the beginning, and the real bhajan is the song of service.

    I have, quite candidly, been scathing with the Bhajan team for only this reason. No Centre in the history of the organization has split due to any other wing. You must come forward and show that with your actions, we become collectively different from other Centres. I have been caustic of the past, am cynical of the present, yet am optimistic of the future where 'Hands will truly do the Bhajans' that arise from the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Followers