Friday, May 21, 2010

The Seven Drops of Supporting your Mother

Today, I started another dropintheocean activity to support our planet.

As of today, I have quit shampoo and face wash with the purchase of a environment and animal-friendly substitutes from Body Shop. At five times the price of the generic (sprayed-into-rabbits'-eyes tested) versions, they are a hole-in-your-pocket, even if they be a goal for your soul. Still, He watches and weighs, and eventually, everything matters.

On Earth Day, I also started my tooth-brushing ritual with mugs of water, rather than with a running faucet. I don't know how many litres I have not drained Mother Earth by with this endeavour till date, but I really am not about numbers. I know what you are thinking, but insanity is just on the far side of inspiration.

Seven drops will surely make an ocean.

1 comment:

  1. Doing the right thing involves overcoming the overwhelming status quo compulsions of "Dharmic Inertia". Mabrook on your resolve.

    I was wondering would a gun on my head force me to visit Body Shop for procuring the next months round of Shampoo or ToothPaste or facewash right here right now. It does not sadly.

    Now I can see how indistinguishable a member of our fraternity I have become, which is thickskinned, impervious and insensitive to harming or hurting anyone. Moreover, trampling on or Humiliating an ego is saddistically more enjoyable and infinitesimally less painful than the physical pain that can be inflicted on any human or animals.

    Yet, how ironical it is that, the human mind considers the defeat of the ego more excruciating than the suffering or even death of the body!

    ReplyDelete

Followers