Sunday, February 14, 2010

Coming Face to Phase

12.02.2010

A day/night of many firsts for the family. This is the first time:

1. the entire family has made a trip to Parthi.
2. Akshitha & Reshmi have seen the Avatar.
3. I sat through the night for Mahashivarathri.
4. I got an opportunity to do seva at the Ashram (helped with rinsing plates at the Western canteen).
5. I have seen Swami wear Maroon.
6. I have lost my sandals twice in any one place (very interesting that I just got a brand-new pair of sandals through my MIL and it was the exact replica of the pair I lost in Parthi during WYCII. They got reassigned just after the afternoon Darshan,- sandals are of spiritual significance).
7. Dhanya applied her medical skills for anyone in Parthi, though it was for her MIL in this instance.
8. I have ever prepared a list like this.

More significantly, I guess this is beginning of a new Phase for Akshitha, rather the birth of the Path for her. Interestingly, it could be for Dhanya as well. We never know Swami's ways, you know.

3 comments:

  1. "Faith in God can achieve anything except
    a) passing an examination without preparation" and
    b)getting your footwear back after darshan no matter where and how you keep it near Sai Kulwant Hall in Prasanthi Nilayam

    The first condition of passing an examination without preparation was disproved by Parahamsa Yogananda in his book "Autobiography of a Yogi". I have myself not only passed but got into the All India Merit List of Rankholders in Chartered Accountance Examination without studying (for one paper) and purely by taking Swamy's name. That is how I became a firm devotee!

    But when it comes to footwear such is my attachment that not only do I lose my peace of mind but I also lose my faith in Swamy if I cannot get my footwear back. The feeling of getting your "Footwear" back after darshan is priceless- For everything else there is either "MasterCard" or "Swamy"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always - loved the blog and response to the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bachhy! Man, this (gentle)man is a genius. I really wish he started a blog of his own, so that people really benefit.

    Coming to the footwear, there is a spiritual significance to this. It has got something to do with dream analysis... clues can be found in one of Joy Thomas' books. The significance, I caught on, the meaning I didnt! Now, what is the significance here?!

    ReplyDelete

Followers