Monday, May 2, 2011

The Last Darshan

They say the Avatar gives you what you want, rather, exactly what you want.

This means one has to choose carefully, and word it carefully. I got the full import of this idea when I sat amongst the students in Sai Kulwant Hall, for the first time, and probably the only time.

I had been given the good fortune to tag along with Bharat, Ramakant and Raju to Puttaparthi for our last Darshan of the Form on Tuesday, 26-04-2011 (undoubtedly, I am beholden to them for life for their act of kindness). In this context, I should confess that I had always wanted to be a student for the prime factor of physical proximity,- probably a widely prevalent phenomenon at Parthi. And with proximity comes freedom,- freedom from rules, regulations, and impositions that the normal devotees have come to take for granted. As a student, you have free access to the dais, and an enviably close interaction with the Avatar. Further, I had always longed to touch the Krishna statue by the side of the Yajur Mandir. I was well aware that this would never happen in my lifetime, as I was never a student.

But the Avatar is the embodiment of Love. He made sure that He would grant me my wishes. Unfortunately, He made sure He would grant me my wish exactly as I had asked for. I could enjoy studentship (in the way I saw it) during my life, not during His living form. Like He has said, "Ask and I shall give (exactly)."

Even so, considering the kilometres and hours that devotees endured for those few seconds, the hours that I lived on the dias, couldn't be anything but a sign of Divine Compassion.

1 comment:

  1. When we ask, we ask based on our Intelligence. When He gives us unasked, He exercises His infinite intelligence. When we ask we make the Lord Lazy. The Lord does not mind being Lazy if that is what his devotee wishes Him to be!

    The more intelligent choice of ours is to let Him exercise His infinite intelligence and give us what we deserve and then.....the rest of our lives will not be enough to express our gratitude to Him!

    ReplyDelete

Followers