Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Forced fast, fine feast

I'ts Onam day today. And among the smss and emails I received, I got one from my old buddy, Philip, who wished me a good Onam and a great sadhya (feast). Interestingly, every major festival currently seems to connote a gastronomical rampage. Any thoughts, anyone?

I know this has to be purely coincidental, but a thought passes my mind that one reason for the collapse of the Roman empire was gluttony. And by the time I have finished this sentence, 40 children would have died from hunger-related causes,- that's one every 3 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Hey mate, Happy onam. Just to let u i know had ordered the famous lunch from Milan.They are serving 21 dishes after which i will have a desert. HAHAHAHA. This is the onl festival recognised by the restaurants in dubai.As usual your write up or speeches are a test for one patience. Cheers Satish

    ReplyDelete

Followers