Friday, May 22, 2009

Just a millimetre

Tuesday night, 19th May, 2009, Akshitha lacerated her eyelid. Though her laceration cleaved me then, I now realize that, the Avatar must have worked out a major tragedy through a minor nick.


Just A millimetre

 

My baby injured herself last night,

She lacerated her right eye-lid;

Just a millimetre above her eye-lash,

A millimetre from destiny’s bid.

 

As the blood trickled down her cheek

And shrieks ran around the place;

I stood and stared, then rushed unfazed,

She had been saved by Divine Grace.

 

While the hospital doctors checked and tested,

And wondered at this incredible miss;

I realized her fate had no doubt been averted,

And the unseen hand was undoubtedly His.

 

As she sleeps soundly by me now,

Pristine, unattached and unaffected;

I look to Him in awe and wonder,

At the play that had just been enacted.

 

For, her design is in His very hands,

And though we are thankless to mention;

He steers her over life’s catastrophes,

With every timely nick and laceration.

 

For, I was there yesterday

And yet it mattered next to nothing;

She has her future to sojourn,

Where my prayer will remain but a farthing.

 

For, in spite of what we accomplish,

And how we gloriously enact our every whim;

We have to sustain the realization,

That we owe it all to Him.

 

Millimeters from appalling tragedy,

Seconds from eternal pain;

He guides and guards us throughout,

How do we repay our gain?

 

We live our lives in astonishing delusion,

Controlling little beyond ignorant actions;

While the unseen Hand sways throughout,

And makes all the decisions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers