Friday, November 27, 2009

Family Vidyarambham - 25.11.2009

Momentous day in the life of Akshi, and not coincidentally, in the life of her Papa as well. We performed her Vidyarambham in Mookambika.

However, it was a beginning of sorts for her Papa as well. Half way through the writing on rice, my superior command of Malayalam left me with a writer's block, as I didn't know how to write some of the characters that the Purohit asked me (they were different from the ones Dhanya trained me for the previous day). So, eventually it ended up that Akshi's hand was traced by her Papa's hand, which in turn was traced by her grandmother's.

A collective beginning of sorts.

2 comments:

  1. haha.....even Ramakanth also cannot properly read n write our mother tongue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Ramakanth is a Citi guy, so his mother tongue has to be English, sorry, American!

    ReplyDelete

Followers